Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

Catch Up time..

Well another week over and a few bits & bobs to catch up on.

Monday
On Monday it was off to see Dawns Mum & Dad at Aldbourne, and to see how Don's Pheasant was getting on. Pheasants just love peanuts. Within seconds of the backdoor being opened and a few nuts thrown onto the lawn, he was there.

Eyeing up the Peanuts

Close-up

Wednesday
On Wednesday I was waiting outside the Abbey Meads Surgery and lo and behold a Lesser Whitethroat was singing away in the bushes opposite. Yep you've guessed it, no camera to hand. They have that really unusual song that for me sounds almost like a Yellowhammer.  Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera with me when I go back next time. 

Thursday
Thursday was a bit of a tease day, with Smokey our youngest of 3 cats really annoying the resident Carrion Crow, so much so she even lay on her back and taunted him. 










Friday
Today on the grapevine a Bee-eater was sighted on pit 38 at the Cotswold Water Park. Will it still be there tomorrow. We shall see.............