Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

Feeding Time at Coate Water

I shall dispense with weather forecast and sum it up in one word. Drizzle. Just for a change I thought I'd have a go and see if could photograph a few birds on the bridge just off Broome Manor Lane, at the opposite end of Coate Water from the main car park.  The off road parking spaces were all taken but I managed to find a pull in by the Cattery, just around the bend. Armed with my camera and a bag of corn & sunflower seeds, it was a short walk to the bridge.

The handrails all baited up with seeds

A few sprinkles of "bait" along the handrails and it wasn't long before a procession of birds were taking the offerings. First was a Robin, followed by Great Tit, Blue Tit, Marsh Tit, Coal Tit, Nuthatch and Chaffinch.  I could hear Long-tailed Tits in the background, but I was out of luck as they moved further into the wood.

Robin

Great Tit (male)

Blue Tit

Marsh Tit

Coal Tit

Chaffinch (female)

Chaffinch (male)


Nuthatch

Nuthatch having a scratch