Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Bits and Pieces

It was a bit of a shed clear out today and in between breaks it was good to see 3 Peacock butterflies on the Buddleia plus a Small Tortoiseshell. later in the afternoon I was alerted to the sound of gulls calling and on two occasions it was due to Buzzards flying through.

One of two Buzzards overhead today

Also of interest were these 6 aircraft heading west around 4:00pm. I have absolutely no idea what they are. The closest I could get were Russian Lavochkin La-9's, but I couldn't be 100% sure.

A display team!

Possibly Lavochkin La-9's

Update on these aircraft, they are most likely Yak-52 aircraft, which were at Yeovilton Air Day. However it was my understanding that the display team was the The Yakovlevs Display Team which is made up of 4 aircraft. But there were six Yak's, which would be the Red Star Yak Display team and they weren't at the Air Day as far as I know. Very confusing, but I'm sure some one will let me know!