Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Those Were the Days

Okay so its not a bird flying, but the sound of a Canberra flying over the house got me grabbing for my camera and well I got a shot, albeit from a great distance. The Canberra was the Mid Air Squadrons PR9 XH134, which performed at Bournemouth last Friday and will be at the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT), Fairford this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So beware you A419 users, the road is going to be busy.

Canberra PR9

The PR9 was one of the aircraft I did my Air Photography training on, back in 1976 at RAF Cosford. The cameras I worked on were the F49,  F52 and F96. A long time ago. One of the other aircraft I practised my skills on was the Javelin.

The photographs below were taken by my good friend Ed Wilson who was at RIAT

Canberra PR.9 (G-OMHD)/XH134

Canberra PR.9 (G-OMHD)/XH134 with nose open

From Ed
Lots to see at RIAT of course. You would have been especially interested in the Canberra PR.9 from Kemble where it is flown by the Midair Squadron with military marks XH134 under exemption (it is properly G-OMHD). It first flew just about this time last year. On Saturday it was displayed in the static area with the PR nose open (though you could not see in) and I took shots of it for you to bring back memories!