Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

Call That a Photo!

I can honestly say hand on heart, the following set of photographs are probably the worse I've ever taken, but with these raptors flying so high it was the best I was going to get. Early afternoon there were a pair of Sparrowhawks and at least 3 Buzzards circling high, and I mean high, above the estate. Their vision and senses must be so acute to see their prey from such a height. Needless to say the following images are greatly cropped, but at least you can tell what they are, just!

The day started off with a pair of Buzzards circling overhead before they headed off northeast.
A few minutes a pair of Sparrowhawks came into view, though to be honest the one in the top left hand corner was heading in a different direction and I only just got them both in shot. The one in the bottom right hand corner was lucky I didn't crop his wing.
However the one closest to me did at least drop down a few hundred feet so that I could a slightly better view of it.

And then the finale was a light phase Buzzard which headed east over the house.
And just to show how bad a day I was having, I've also included a Chiffchaff in the Leylandii at the back of the house. Taken through a misty window, using the incorrect shutter speed, totally out of focus and heavily enhanced in Photoshop. Well at least it shows that it's a Chiffchaff.

Hmm a Chiffchaff, that was not my best effort, but looking better than the original below

Definitely a snap shot

 Tomorrows another day..................